The Dasgupta Review: Transforming the global economy for a nature positive future
25th February 2021 1:00pm
Start Date: 25th February 2021 1:00pm
Now launched, The Dasgupta Review on the Economics of Biodiversity makes recommendations about how we must transform our economic system if people and planet are to prosper in future. As we begin to recover from COVID-19 and a turbulent year in world affairs, now is the time to work together and rebuild based on a new sustainable and resilient economic model.
Join Business for Nature, Capitals Coalition and WWF for this special event on 25th February at 1pm (GMT).
Speaker line up:
- Professor Partha Dasgupta, Frank Ramsey Professor Emeritus, University of Cambridge
- Sandrine Dixson-Declève, Co-president of Club of Rome
- Andrea Meza, Environment and Energy Minister of Costa Rica
- Bertrand Camus, CEO of the Suez Environment
- Bevis Watts, CEO of Triodos Bank UK
The discussion will interpret what the review means in practical terms and highlight the most urgent actions needed to put the global economy on a sustainable footing in the run up to key UN meetings on climate (COP26) and nature (COP15).