On the Brink
30th November 2020 7:00pm
Start Date: 30th November 2020 7:00pm
Over the coming decade over one million species face extinction. It is estimated that 200 species go extinct every day.
We can remain silent or we can lend our voices however best we can to try to save them.
On the Brink takes place online on Monday November 30th at 7pm GMT to commemorate Remembrance Day for Lost Species(www.lostspeciesday.org).
We have 20 writers and cultural figures reading new work and speaking to specific animals at threat from extinction.
You’ll hear from:
- Margaret Atwood on the Tasmanian devil
- Homero Aridjis on the Vaquita porpoise
- Emma Thompson on the puffin
- Ben Okri on the tiger
- Taiwanese artist Wu Ming-Yi on the pangolin
- Bianca Jagger on the eastern gorilla
- Judy Ling Wong on the snow leopard
- Amitav Ghosh on the Irrawaddy dolphin
as well as Nana Oforiatta Ayim, Lily Cole, Prerna Singh Bindra, Lydia Millet, Sangu Iyer, Laura Jean McKay, Laura Coleman, Elizabeth Kolbertand more.
David Lindo the Urban Birder, entomologist Erica McAlister, Mya-RoseCraig aka ‘BirdGirlUK’, and BBC Springwatch’s Gillian Burke are our four illustrious comperes.
Register on Eventbrite here