Urban Rewilding Officer
17th September 2020
DetailsCitizen Zoo is looking for an Urban Rewilding Officer to help deliver their many community and corporate engagement days throughout the year, lead on rewilding project development and delivery, and expand partnerships with businesses and foundations in London.
Role title: Urban Rewilding Officer
Organisation: Citizen Zoo
Closing Date: 11/10/2020
Role Location: Kingston Upon Thames/ London
At Citizen Zoo we want to create a world filled with wildlife, and do this through pioneering community engagement and rewilding our future. To us rewilding needs to capture both the rewilding of people, and rewilding nature, where we work to reconnect people to the natural world and to restore functional ecosystems through habitat restoration and species reintroductions.
We’re looking for someone to deliver our many community and corporate engagement days throughout the year, support some of our projects on the ground, work to expand our business development offering by developing partnerships with businesses in London, and work on some philanthropic fundraising.
Who you are
You are an adaptable, entrepreneurial and nature focused conservationist with a passion for rewilding and working with communities. You thrive by working independently, in an ever-changing environment that requires you to manage competing priorities amongst local, regional and cross-functional stakeholders.
You are skilled at identifying the root cause of problems and have the dedication and experience to overcome these whilst thinking long-term. You fully understand community engagement, nature conservation and are able to apply your commercial acumen to our rewilding ambition.
You are culturally curious and empathetic, and seek to learn from multiple local perspectives.
The Team & The Role
We’re a social enterprise with a dispersed team who mostly work from home. You will work as part of this remote team from home and within our local cabin in Kingston as needs arise. This role will work alongside the local community to enhance the local environment for both wildlife and people. We would be delighted to receive applications from anyone keen to work full time or as a job share.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for leading conservation projects and the restoration of a number of local nature reserves and greenspaces.
- Running regular volunteering events with corporates and schools, on weekdays and/or weekends and organising and delivering nature engagement activities such as walks and talks.
- Business – Develop partnerships with local shops and businesses in London to scale our new fundraising proposition.
- Philanthropy – Secure grant funding to support ongoing rewilding projects at Citizen Zoo.
- Bachelor degree or similar record of achievement in absence of degree.
- Experience of project/business development and fundraising.
- Experience of working with groups of people/volunteers to deliver key outcomes.
- Good knowledge of European/British wildlife, conservation or rewilding.
- Full driving license.
- Demonstrable evidence as a self-starter & finisher with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Project management/coordination experience.
- Good communication skills and ability to speak publicly to large groups.
- Evidence of business development or fundraising success.
Kingston or London but must be able to travel to Kingston regularly.
In return for your enthusiasm and expertise, we’ll reward you with a competitive salary and an enviable range of benefits that include 24 days holiday a year (with the option to buy more days) that rises by one day per year of service, as well as pension and life assurance.
Subsidised gym membership, social events and parties, as well as a day off for your birthday. We’re also proud to offer progressive and flexible working practices designed to give you the work-life balance you need.
Please submit your application by the 11th of October.
Link to Website: https://citizen-zoo.breezy.hr/preview