Digital Communications & Campaigns Officer
17th February 2022
DetailsYou will lead on the engagement of BirdLife’s external audiences through its various digital channels, primarily social media, developing its appeal, but also the website and awareness-raising campaigns. You will also provide support on fundraising appeals and e-mail marketing and communications.
Role title: Digital Communications Campaigns Officer
Organisation: BirdLife International
Closing Date: 10/03/2022
Role Location: Cambridge, UK
- Location: Cambridge, UK with option to work flexibly
- Full time: 35 hours per week
- Contract: Open-ended
- Salary: £26,000 pro rata plus competitive 12% pension benefit
- Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata in year 1, increasing by 1 day pa to 28 days
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people. BirdLife is celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2022 as the planet’s largest and oldest nature conservation organisation, present in 117 countries. Our goal this year is to build our brand by leaps and bounds with the birthday offering unique opportunities to do so.
We are looking for someone to join our globally diverse team, and need a team-player who is flexible, keen to develop their skills and can work across disciplines. You will lead on the engagement of BirdLife’s external audiences through its various digital channels, primarily social media, developing its appeal, but also the website and awareness-raising campaigns. Also providing support on fundraising appeals and e-mail marketing and communications. including occasionally writing long-form copy for our website and magazine, and supporting with engaging our internal audiences through our internal platforms.
The ideal candidate will have
- Good knowledge of environmental topics.
- A passion for using communications to urgently fight the global biodiversity/nature and climate crises.
- Experience in communications, social media and digital community management.
- Experience in digital campaigning or marketing, with demonstrated success, preferably in either the commercial or not-for-profit sector.
- Proven ability to write and deliver effective, audience-focused communications and campaigns.
- A strong track record of effectively using and developing a presence on key social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn) to build relationships and share information.
See the full job description
Application: Applications should include a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to: firstname.lastname@example.org marking your application with “Digital Communications & Campaigns Officer” in the subject line.
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Full job description attached below
Application Download: Download application form