Nene Park update
24th June 2020
Nene Park have lots going on and are re-opening facilities in line with government advice. Here’s a run-down of what’s happening at the moment:
· Nene Outdoors Watersports and Activity Centre re-opened with phased return on 6th June and are offering swan pedalo rides and cycle hire through an online booking system: https://www.nenepark.org.uk/
· Our Visitor Centre and Gift Shop re-opened on Friday 19 June: https://www.nenepark.org.uk/
· Summer opening hours of the Park are the same as always – 06:30 – 22:00, carparks and toilet blocks are all open as usual, however the play areas remain closed in line with Government guidance. We retain a Duty Ranger presence to patrol the Park, however they will not be available for any public interaction, emergencies only.
· We are excited to announce our new 42WORDS project, supported using public funding from the Art Council’s Emergency Fund which is helping to maintain our Art in the Park Programme and support local creatives during the Covid-19 crisis. 42WORDS will see 10 local artists create 42 artworks in a variety of artforms, their response to ideas of wellbeing, nature, overcoming isolation, grief and remembrance and re-building community, via a series of 42 words nominated by staff, volunteers, artist and the public. Find out more here: https://www.nenepark.org.uk/
· As not all Peterborough residents can access Nene Park in person during this time, Nene Park’s National Lottery Heritage Funded project Your Community Greenspace has created ‘Park in a Pack’ and ‘Park in an Envelope’ resources for communities in Peterborough. These packs, that include seeds, colouring sheets of Park images, wildlife spotter sheets, colouring pencils, postcard activity and also plants and chocolates donated by Notcutts, will help families who do not have access to computers or printers to take part in activities and help connect them to Parks and greenspaces.