Research Support Officer -BTO
27 Mar 2019
BTO British Trust for Ornithology
Research Support Officer
Full time, permanent
£24,834 - £27,594 over 2 years + 11% employer pension contribution
The Research Support Team facilitates the acquisition and delivery of science research projects by
supporting and administering tenders and contracts, and by providing a project management system
which is used to manage all project-based science work, including work funded by grants and
donations. As part of the team you will:-
1. Identify and coordinate responses to suitable advertised research funding opportunities, liaising
with appropriate operational staff.
2. Maximise the chances of success and of an appropriate financial return for proposals by
providing templates, supporting documentation and guidance to proposal leads; checking the
accuracy and completeness of costings; checking compliance with tender requirements;
ensuring timely submission to funder.
3. Ensure that appropriate contractual project documentation is completed and signed off, liaising
with funders, staff and subcontractors as necessary.
4. Claim monies receivable, and authorise monies payable, in accordance with contractual
5. Facilitate the resourcing, management, QA and accounting of project delivery by using and
contributing to the development of the project management systems.
6. Promote and support the development of BTO governance, compliance and QA policies relevant
to research contracts.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 1pm on Wednesday 27 March.
It is anticipated that interviews will be held in Thetford on Tuesday 9 April.
For further information and to apply visit our website: https://www.bto.org/about-bto/job-opportunities
For an informal chat about the position please call Virginia Cates on 01842 750050 (or email
Charity No. 216652 (E&W); SC039193 (Scotland)