BirdLife International - Forests Programme Officer – Forest Carbon & Finance
20 Nov 2019
Forests Programme Officer – Forest Carbon & Finance
• Location: Cambridge, UK
• Full time: 35 hours per week
• Contract: 2 Year Fixed term
• Salary: circa £28,000 – £32,000 pro rata plus competitive 12% pension benefit
• Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata in year 1, increasing by 1 day pa to 28 days
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
We are seeking an experienced Forest Programmes Officer to support BirdLife Partners and Secretariat, as well as the Trillion Trees Partnership, to capitalise on the growing awareness of the importance of forests and trees for climate and biodiversity, and leverage this to secure and restore forests around the world.
In particular, the Forest Programmes Officer will provide input and technical support to forest carbon-related initiatives, lead project design and development, and coordinate articulation of positions and messaging for BirdLife and Trillion Trees around carbon and climate finance mechanisms linked to forests.
The ideal candidate will have
• Knowledge and experience of the voluntary carbon market and in particular forest carbon finance mechanisms and trends.
• In-depth understanding of the processes and best practices for REDD+ and/or FLR project development.
• Experience designing and building programmes of work through strategic planning and team coordination.
• Experience working with corporates and the private sector.
• Undergraduate degree in natural resource management, conservation, sustainable development, economics, international relations or a relevant subject.
A detailed job description can be found on our website.
Closing date: 20 November 2019
Application: Applications should include a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen.
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held on the 3 December 2019.