BAS/ CCI workshop: Bright spots at the science-policy-practice interface - what makes a success story?
18 Nov 2019 -
14:00 to 16:30
Date: Monday 18th November 2019 from 2.00pm to 4.30pm
Venue: Main Seminar Room, The David Attenborough Building, Cambridge, CB2 3QZ
The workshop will bring together experts and practitioners from the NGO, science and
policy sectors to highlight ‘bright spots’ in conservation (i.e. examples where science has
demonstrably influenced policy and practice) and to explore what made them a success.
An expert panel will include:
• Dr Simon Brockington (Defra) – Panel Chair
• Gayle Burgess (TRAFFIC, Society for Environment and Institution of Environmental
• Stephanie Good (University of Exeter)
• Dr Susie Grant (British Antarctic Survey)
• Edward Pollard (The Biodiversity Consultancy)
This event is free to attend – please register to participate: https://www.bas.ac.uk/event/
For further information please contact: